AirPlayService provides media playback/control & web app launching (iOS only) capabilities for Apple TV devices.
AirPlay-enabled speakers are not currently supported by Connect SDK.
Out of the box, AirPlayService will only support web app launching through AirPlay mirroring. AirPlayService also provides a Media mode, in which HTTP commands will be sent to the AirPlay device to play and control media files (image, video, audio). Due to certain limitations of the AirPlay protocol, you may only support web apps OR media capabilities through Connect SDK. You may still directly access AirPlay APIs through AVPlayer, MPMoviePlayerController, UIWebView, audio routing, etc.
To set the capability mode for the AirPlayService, see the
setAirPlayServiceMode: static method on the AirPlayService class.
- + (NSDictionary *) discoveryParameters
- A dictionary of keys/values that will be used by the DiscoveryProvider used to discover this DeviceService. Some keys that are used are: service name, SSDP filter, etc.
- + (DeviceService *) deviceServiceWithClass:(Class)_class serviceConfig:(ServiceConfig *)serviceConfig
- serviceConfig: serviceConfig
- + (BOOL) shouldDisconnectOnBackground
Static property that determines whether a DeviceService subclass should shut down communication channels when the app enters a background state. This may be helpful for apps that need to communicate with web apps from the background. This property may not be applicable to all DeviceService subclasses.
Sets the shouldDisconnectOnBackground static property. This property should be set before starting DiscoveryManager for the first time.
- + (void) setShouldDisconnectOnBackround:(BOOL)shouldDisconnectOnBackground
- - (instancetype) initWithServiceConfig:(ServiceConfig *)serviceConfig
- - (BOOL) hasCapability:(NSString *)capability
- - (BOOL) hasCapabilities:(NSArray *)capabilities
- - (BOOL) hasAnyCapability:(NSArray *)capabilities
- - (void) connect
- Will attempt to connect to the DeviceService. The failure/success will be reported back to the DeviceServiceDelegate. If the connection attempt reveals that pairing is required, the DeviceServiceDelegate will also be notified in that event.
- - (void) disconnect
- Will attempt to disconnect from the DeviceService. The failure/success will be reported back to the DeviceServiceDelegate.
- - (void) pairWithData:(id)pairingData
Will attempt to pair with the DeviceService with the provided pairingData. The failure/success will be reported back to the DeviceServiceDelegate.
- pairingData – Data to be used for pairing. The type of this parameter will vary depending on what type of pairing is required, but is likely to be a string (pin code, pairing key, etc).
- - (void) closeLaunchSession:(LaunchSession *)launchSession success:(SuccessBlock)success failure:(FailureBlock)failure
Every LaunchSession object has an associated DeviceService. Internally, LaunchSession’s close method proxies to it’s DeviceService’s closeLaunchSession method. If, for some reason, your LaunchSession loses it’s DeviceService reference, you can call this closeLaunchSession method directly.
- launchSession – LaunchSession to be closed
- success: success – (optional) SuccessBlock to be called on success
- failure: failure – (optional) FailureBlock to be called on failure