DIALService is a full implementation of the DIscover And Launch (DIAL) protocol specification. DIALService is used to launch & close apps on DIAL-enabled devices. It can also be used to probe for an app’s existence on a DIAL-enabled device. DIAL commands occur over HTTP.
See the DIAL protocol specification for more information.
- + (void) registerApp:(NSString *)appId
Registers an app ID to be checked upon discovery of this device. If the app is found on the target device, the DIALService will gain the “Launcher.” capability, where is the value of the appId parameter.
This method must be called before starting DiscoveryManager for the first time.
- appId – ID of the app to be checked for
- + (NSDictionary *) discoveryParameters
- A dictionary of keys/values that will be used by the DiscoveryProvider used to discover this DeviceService. Some keys that are used are: service name, SSDP filter, etc.
- + (DeviceService *) deviceServiceWithClass:(Class)_class serviceConfig:(ServiceConfig *)serviceConfig
- serviceConfig: serviceConfig
- + (BOOL) shouldDisconnectOnBackground
Static property that determines whether a DeviceService subclass should shut down communication channels when the app enters a background state. This may be helpful for apps that need to communicate with web apps from the background. This property may not be applicable to all DeviceService subclasses.
Sets the shouldDisconnectOnBackground static property. This property should be set before starting DiscoveryManager for the first time.
- + (void) setShouldDisconnectOnBackround:(BOOL)shouldDisconnectOnBackground
- - (instancetype) initWithServiceConfig:(ServiceConfig *)serviceConfig
- - (BOOL) hasCapability:(NSString *)capability
- - (BOOL) hasCapabilities:(NSArray *)capabilities
- - (BOOL) hasAnyCapability:(NSArray *)capabilities
- - (void) connect
- Will attempt to connect to the DeviceService. The failure/success will be reported back to the DeviceServiceDelegate. If the connection attempt reveals that pairing is required, the DeviceServiceDelegate will also be notified in that event.
- - (void) disconnect
- Will attempt to disconnect from the DeviceService. The failure/success will be reported back to the DeviceServiceDelegate.
- - (void) pairWithData:(id)pairingData
Will attempt to pair with the DeviceService with the provided pairingData. The failure/success will be reported back to the DeviceServiceDelegate.
- pairingData – Data to be used for pairing. The type of this parameter will vary depending on what type of pairing is required, but is likely to be a string (pin code, pairing key, etc).
- - (void) closeLaunchSession:(LaunchSession *)launchSession success:(SuccessBlock)success failure:(FailureBlock)failure
Every LaunchSession object has an associated DeviceService. Internally, LaunchSession’s close method proxies to it’s DeviceService’s closeLaunchSession method. If, for some reason, your LaunchSession loses it’s DeviceService reference, you can call this closeLaunchSession method directly.
- launchSession – LaunchSession to be closed
- success: success – (optional) SuccessBlock to be called on success
- failure: failure – (optional) FailureBlock to be called on failure